Review: Through The Ever Night by Veronica Rossi

Title: Through the Ever Night
Author: Veronica Rossi
Genre: Dystopia; Science Fiction
Pages: 352
Publication: January 9, 2013

Goodread's Synopsis:
It's been months since Aria last saw Perry. Months since Perry was named Blood Lord of the Tides, and Aria was charged with an impossible mission. Now, finally, they are about to be reunited. But their reunion is far from perfect. The Tides don't take kindly to Aria, a former Dweller. And with the worsening Aether storms threatening the tribe's precarious existence, Aria begins to fear that leaving Perry behind might be the only way to save them both.

Threatened by false friends, hidden enemies, and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night?

In this second book in her spellbinding Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi combines fantasy and dystopian elements to create a captivating love story as perilous as it is unforgettable.

Review: 

   First of all I would like to thank YA Sisterhood for introducing me to these books about sometime back in December of 2011, because without them my life would be completely devoid of not only some of the most amazing characters, but some of the most amazing books, I have read in a while. Now, that being said it's review time. 
     First off I would love to give Veronica Rossi a HUGE hug! Ever since I can remember, the second book in basically any YA fiction series suffers from what people like to call "the second book curse." This curse is best described as: the point at which the author decide to split up the main couple in a book and send them in completely opposite directions for a reason seemingly unknown to most of us readers. (I have a theory that they just enjoy torturing us or watching us squirm in our seats as we turn every page hoping that the two characters will be reunited by some force of magic, but that theory is still in the works.) Now, it's not to say that Aria and Perry are together the whole book but, when they where apart it was purposeful! I never felt like either one of the characters were being over emotional and yelling "YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND," then running away, not to be seen for the next fifty or so pages. Every moment that they were apart, Aria and Perry were working for something or trying to prove something, and I loved it. 
    Another amazing part of this book were the characters! They are so multidimensional! I feel like they are evolving and developing throughout the entire book. Even minor characters like Bear, Willow, and Cinder grew every time I turned the page, which was truly remarkable. Every character in these books have more to them than meets the eye and it was a joy to watch these characters grow with every page. 
    To say that I enjoyed this book may be a little bit of an understatement. And again I would like to thank YA Sisterhood for introducing me to this amazing series and Veronica Rossi for making a world that I can completely immerse myself in. 

And now the wait for the third book begins! 


Twitter  ~  Facebook  ~  Goodreads  ~  Website  ~  Blog  ~  Amazon  ~  Barnes and Noble