Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Relationships and romance are one of my favorite parts of reading books. They give me numerous amounts of feels, and they make me feel better about my non-existent love life. Why is why narrowing this down to TEN couples was insanely hard.
1. Augustus Waters and Hazel Lancaster (The Fault in Our Stars)- I've read a lot of books. I've experienced a lot of romance in books, but this is literally my all time favorite couple. Hazel and Augustus are just so real and so incredibly sweet. And I think what makes them my favorite, no matter how terrible it is, is that they will never be able to grow old together. They're separated by something that's beyond their control, but they're there for each other until the very end. (Excuse me while I go cry in a corner)
2. Peeta Mellark and Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games)- I think this goes without saying. Both Peeta and Katniss have gone through so much together, and they depend on each so much, that both of them unknowingly become extensions of the other. Peeta blindly loves Katniss no matter what, even through him being hijacked (sorry... SPOILER). Katniss, although she doesn't know in which way until the end of Mockingjay, loves Peeta so much (even though Gatniss shippers will disagree).
3. Etienne St. Clair and Anna Oliphant (Anna and the French Kiss)- Anna and the French Kiss is probably one of the sweetest stories ever. But the reason that it's so incredibly sweet is because of how Anna and Etienne fall in love. They become best friends and they care for each other so deeply and accept the other's flaws, and it's just SO. DARN. SWEET.
4. Jem Carstairs and Tessa Gray (The Infernal Devices)- Do I even have to elaborate on this? I mean, GAH. SO SWEET. Jem loves Tessa so much it hurts, and I really think Tessa loves him just as much. But this couple is just dying to break my heart. It won't end well, but again, it adds to the reality of the situation. That's what makes it so easy and heartbreaking to love. (Guys, I seriously don't know how I'm going to make it through CP2).
5. Tobias Eaton and Tris Prior (Divergent)- The best part about this relationship is how perfectly imperfect they are. They know their imperfections, and they embrace them.
6. Jace Herondale/Morgentstern/Lightwood and Clary Fray (The Mortal Instruments)- CLACE. I LOVE THIS SO MUCH. They've gone through so much together, (with the whole brother and sister thing and the whole our-dad-wants-to-take-over-the-world) and all the things they have been through has forged a closer bond between them. They love each other so so so much and would do absolutely anything for each other, which is why I love it so much.
7. Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase (Percy Jackson & the Olympians)- The best thing about this couple is how we get to see it progress throughout the series. Not only in PJO, but also in Heroes of Olympus. They love each other so much, and would sacrifice themselves for each other. (Mark of Athena *sniff*)
8. Magnus Bane and Alex Lightwood (The Mortal Instruments)- This couple gives me too many feelings for me to process. I'm still reeling from that once scene in City of Lost Souls that broke my shipper heart into millions of tiny pieces. IT'S JUST SO AMAZING. Those are the only words that need to be said.
9. Finnick Odair and Annie Cresta (The Hunger Games)- This relationship is just so incredibly sweet. Finnick and Annie are the epitome of love in THG series. Their mutual love is so strong and unbreakable, and nothing can keep them apart. They'll love each other through anything and that's what makes it so great.
10. Zach Goode and Cammie Morgan (Gallagher Girls)- The reason I love this relationship so much is because of the realness. It's not perfect, but in a good way. They care for each other so much, but they make mistakes, and they're relationship becomes stronger because of those mistakes.
What are some of your favorite romances?