Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Bookish Memories

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

This week's Top Ten Tuesday is... BEST BOOKISH MEMORIES!

  1. 1. Meeting Jackie Emerson, Isabelle Fuhrman, and Josh Hutcherson from The Hunger Games... I love The Hunger Games very very very very very much, and getting to meet some of the stars, especially Josh Huctcherson, was probably the highlight of my year (let's be honest, it was the highlight of my life.) I got to get their autographs, talk to them, and shake their hand. Meeting Josh was like meeting Peeta Mellark in person, and it was AMAZING.
2. Getting a signed copy of The Fault in Our Stars... This book was my very first John Green book, so it was both exciting and extremely amazing that I got a signed copy. TFiOS soon became my all time favorite book, and will probaby stay that way for a while.

3. The first time I read The Hunger Games... I was literally still going through Twilight withdrawal (hey, don't judge me) and I needed something; THG came at the perfect time. After a week of begging, my friends finally convinved me to read the book, and I read it in a day. I can't read many books in just a day, but with THG, I didn't want to put it down!

4. Reading my first book series: Harry Potter... Reading their first series would be an important event for any book lover, and I'm no different. Harry Potter opened me up not just to other books, but to reading in general. Whenever I think of a book, Harry Potter is usually the first thing I think of. It changed my life. (I'm not exaggerating, I promise).

5. Simon Lewis gets cast in the City of Bones movie... The Mortal Instruments series is one of my favorite series of all time, and Simon Lewis is one of my favorite characters of all time. But that's not the sole reason of why it was so amazing. I had just finished reading the books a couple months ago when casting announcements began to come out. The entire casting process helped introduce me to an entirely new fandom that was amazing in all sorts of ways.

6. Getting sick on the release day of Insurgent be Veronica Roth and The Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riordan... Some people may think that getting sick is the most terrible thing in the world, but if you love books, then you know having a sick day is a great opportunity for reading. I'd been waiting for both of these books all year long, and getting to stay up until the midnight release and then be able to read, is fantastic.

7. Meeting Colleen Hoover, Jamie McGuire, and Tammara Webber... This was my very first author book signing, and that alone makes it great. But to get to meet these lovely ladies and also get to hear them talk about their fantastic books was icing on the cake.

8. The Hunger Games midnight premiere... I'd been to midnight premieres before. I went to the Eclipse one (hey, don't judge me, I was young), and I had a blast. But to be able to go to a midnight premiere of something you absolutely love, is the best thing ever. I got to meet all my hometown tributes and talk to them about something we felt really passionate about. Plus, I got to see the movie before all my friends and brag to them about how amazing it was. ;)


9. Mark of Athena release date... I've been a fan of Percy Jackson for four years. It's become a major part of my daily fangirlishness. For Rick Riordan to be able to expand his world to include not only the Greeks but also the Romans is so amazing and fantastic and I love it so so so so so much.

And last but not least...
10. Pride and Prejudice being adapted as the Lizzie Bennet Diaries... Pride and Prejudice is just one of those stories you can't help but love. It's romantic, it's angsty, and it contains the most amazing fictional character to ever walk the fictional world- Fitzwilliam Darcy. The Lizzie Bennet Diaries compliments and adds so much to the story. When I first discovered these, let's just say I did my happy dance many times... ;)



What are your favorite bookish memories? :)