Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the amazing girls over at The Broke and the Bookish.
Check out their post here.
It's no secret that 2015 was a pretty crappy year for reading and reviewing for me. I hardly read any new releases, which is extremely sad because so many amazing books came out last year. So, here's my list of 2015 books that I meant to read but never got around to:
- Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
- I've heard so many excellent things about this book. It was EVERYWHERE after its release. I love books like this, so I'll definitely need to read it soon.
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- Once again, this is one of those books that I've seen so much hype for. It's definitely right up my alley. I love fantasy.
The Anatomical Shape of a Heart by Jenn Bennett
- LEIGH BARDUGO IS MY QUEEN, AND I BOW DOWN TO HER.
Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas
- The cover really drew me to this one. It's simple, but gorgeous. I've really been in a contemporary kick lately, so I'll have to read this soon.
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
- I love this series so. freaking. much. I have no idea why I'm not caught up on it yet.
The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski
- Sarah J. Maas is an excellent author, and this book really intrigued me, but I never got around to reading it. Like I said, 2015 was a slow year in books for me.
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
- I loved the first book in this series, and, obviously, everybody else loved it too. This series gets a lot of love, but I just never got the chance to pick it up.
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
- This one had so much hype that I was scared to pick it up.
All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
- When I checked this book out at Barnes and Noble, it was massive. I didn't think I was ready for that kind of commitment.
- I didn't really hear anything about this until the very end of 2015, but everything I heard was very positive. I love books that address mental health, so I def need to get this ASAP.
What books did y'all not get to in 2015?
Labels: 2015, 2016, top ten tuesday